Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chygrynskiy Delighted With Barcelona Debut


Barca's newest recruit is feeling right at home.


Dmytro Chygrynskiy (PA)After making his debut for Barcelona, Dmytro Chygrynskiy has offered his first thoughts on the experience.

The Ukrainian center-back was thrown straight into the starting line-up against Getafe, and he put in a commanding performance. Speaking to Sport after the game, he said, "I want to thank my team-mates and coaches, because they gave me confidence, which is very important for a player."

"I am very pleased."

Chygrynskiy then revealed that he had been involved in extensive discussions with Guardiola, continuing, "I have spoken a lot with him, and we practiced a lot of things in training, to prepare me for this."

Finally, he expressed his desire to learn Spanish as soon as possible, stating, "Everyone speaks Spanish, and I expect that I will be able to learn it."

"It is difficult now, but it is a question of time."

"For now, Pique and Toure speak to me in English, but I want to learn Spanish."

4 comments:

  1. great to see his debut, he played quite good last night, hope to see him next match against inter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he can't play in champions,because he played with Shakhtar,I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But i thought that his former team got knock out in the qualified stage so he still can play in CL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know.I hope he can play.

    ReplyDelete